"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons, even death may die."
- - The Necronomicon
- You uncover mysteries in dusty libraries and bloody crime scenes. You walk the mean streets of Chicago or hack through the jungles of the South Pacific. You battle vile cults, or recoil in terror at the alien enormities they worship. You follow the clues wherever they lead, whatever the cost in life or sanity. But do you dare to follow... the Trail of Cthulhu.
Trail of Cthulhu is a complete game of investigative horror set in the 1930s based on the work of HP Lovecraft. The game uses an adapted version of the GUMSHOE system which offers a laser-like focus on investigation, with characters driven to explore and investigate, even at the expense of their own health and sanity.
Trail of Cthulhu features:
- Sanity which measures your blissful ignorance of the true nature of reality, and Stability which defines how robust your mental health is.
- Investigative abilities such as Cop Talk, Interrogation and Occult which help you find the awful crypt, and maybe even tell you what you might find there.
- Drives such as In the Blood and Arrogance to get your character into that crypt at night.
- General skills such as Sense Trouble, Filch and Scuffling to get you out again.
Keepers are offered:
- Rules you can tune to Purist cosmic despair, o