All qualifying events for the 2016-17 season have been completed. Final Event for top 16 qualifiers will be held on Saturday, April 22nd at 1pm.
Every year Cat & Mouse Game Store holds a series of Settlers of Catan tournaments, where novices and experts alike gather to trade and build over that famous field of hexes. In addition to the friendly competition, each preliminary event will include a variety of prizes. That's more FUN for everyone!
This series is a Catan National Championship pre-qualifying event. The winner of the final will go to the 2017 Catan National Championship at Origins Game Fair.
- We HIGHLY recommend that your purchase tickets in advance, as these events do sell out and end up with waiting lists.
- Maximum number of seats at each event is 16. A minimum of 12 players is required for each event to proceed.
- There is no minimum age requirement for these events. All ages and skill levels are welcome, but we do recommend that participants have experience playing Catan, as no instruction is provided.
- During each event, all participants play three games, and players rotate tables so that they are matched against different players for each game.
- Small prizes for things like Longest Longest Road, Most Robbed, and Dead Last are given during each event.
- After each event, players will be ranked based on number of wins, then on total points for the day, then on percentage of points. The 16 highest-ranked players from the entire season will proceed to the Final in Spring 2017.
- Players may participate in as many events as they'd like.