We now feature a Used Games section, full of gently used games at great prices. Used games are sold on a consignment basis. Each item (or set of items) has an accompanying condition report, completed by the seller, full of helpful information about the games’ condition and completeness. Swing on by and check out the offerings – they change all the time!
Want to sell your gently used games at Cat & Mouse Games? Read on!
- We are currently accepting used board games and roleplaying game books to sell. No other items, such as toys, miniatures, or jigsaw puzzles are being accepted. Items still in their original shrink wrap will not be accepted unless the title is out of print.
- A seller is limited to five items for sale in our Used Games section. Exceptions can be made for RPG sets and other situations. Just ask.
- Within reason, the seller may sell a “set” of items as a single item (such as a game plus expansions, or a set of RPG books). These items will be shrink wrapped together and presented and sold as a single item.
- The seller must complete a Used Game Submission Form for each item sold. You can download this form and bring it in to the store, or we will have copies available at the store that you can fill out. The seller is expected to be honest about the condition of their item. Cat & Mouse staff will review the Submission Form and suggest changes if we deem them appropriate.
- The seller determines a single asking price for the item. Please mark your sale price in whole dollars. This price will be non-negotiable and Cat & Mouse will only sell that item at that price.
- Upon submission, within a reasonable amount of time, our staff will prepare the used game for sale. We will shrink wrap the item before shelving and attach a copy of the condition report provided by the seller.
- Once shelved, an item will be given at least 60 days to sell. After that time, Cat & Mouse may ask the seller to take the item back. An unsold item may not be submitted for sale again for at least another 60 days.
- Upon the sale of an item, the buyer will be given 3 days to return the item if he or she does not agree with the Submission Form condition report. This is the only condition under which we will accept a used game return.
- Three days after the sale (or as soon as possible), the seller will receive a Cat & Mouse gift card for 80% of the asking price of the item, as submitted by the seller. Cat & Mouse will process any Illinois Sales Tax associated with the purchase.
- Cat & Mouse has the right to refuse to accept any item due to demand, condition, appropriateness, existing copies already for sale, or any other reason.
- A Used Game is sold on consignment and remains the property of the original owner until such a time as it sells or is removed from circulation. Cat & Mouse does not purchase used games for resale.
- Cat & Mouse will assume responsibility for the care of item while in our possession.