We're still hunkering down trying to prevent the spread of COVID, but the reality is, the holidays will soon be upon us. I honestly don't know what our family will do to make them memorable or special, but I do know that thanks to the support of so many folks like you, we'll still be running our little shop. Hopefully we'll be able to help you find delightful gifts for your children, your friends, your family, or even.... yourself!
To make that happen, we'll be making some changes at the shop starting in November.
HOURS IN NOVEMBER
- Mondays: CLOSED (except for private shopping appts.)
- Tuesdays-Fridays: 11am-6pm
- Saturdays-Sundays: 10am-5pm
- We'll be closed on Thanksgiving Day
CAT & MOUSE HOLIDAY ANNEX @ 1114 W MADISON
- We are renting the space next door (the former Town Cutler knife shop) for the holiday season, and will be using that for all STORE PICKUP orders.
- We will still be offering complimentary wrapping for all of your gifts, but all gift wrapping will be done in the Holiday Annex.
SHORT ON SPACE? SHOP AND STORE WITH US!
Heck yeah! This is something our condo-dwelling neighbors have been asking about for years, but we've never had the space for it. This year with our next door Holiday Annex, we'll now be able to store your purchases until you're ready to set them out at home. Take THAT, sneaky kid who hunts all over the house for presents!! (And I'm speaking from experience here. My mom once booby-trapped a big trunk where she thought I'd look. BUSTED!)
PERSONAL SHOPPING (In person, virtually, or via email)
If you'd like personalized assistance and suggestions when picking out gifts, we'd love to schedule a private shopping appointment with you. It guarantees that you'll be able to get our full attention, and we can schedule it as an in-person or virtual appointment. We're also happy to provide you with suggestions via email, which comes with handy links to products on our website. And if you need to shop in person but with as few other people around as possible, just let us know and we'll arrange a time for that.
Contact shop owner Linda at email@example.com if you're interested in any of these services.
SHOPPING ON OUR WEB SITE
Our web site is better than ever! Here are some of things you should know about it:
- Shipping or Store Pickup - When checking out, you can select UPS shipping (anywhere in the Continental US) or you can select store pickup.
- Gift Cards and Codes - You can use it to purchase gift cards (plastic cards that can only be used in person at the shop) OR gift codes (codes that can only be used on the website).
- Wishlists - Want to save favorite items so that you can gaze longingly at them all together? Create an online Wishlist! Wishlists can be shared, so all your friends and family will know exactly what your heart desires!
- Restock Notification - If an item is out of stock, you can request a restock notification from that product page.
- Gift Wrapping - You can request free gift wrapping upon checkout. If you need a message written on the gift, or have a special request related to it, there's a notes field where you can let us know what you need.
Don't see something online that you think we might have? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions at all, and we'll give you a hand.
WORLD FAMOUS HOLIDAY ENVELOPES
Unfortunately, we won't be doing our World Famous Holiday Envelope promotion this year. That makes us sad, because it's fun! But it involves a lot of touching of things and passing them back and forth, and requires people to come into the store multiple times. It's just not a good fit for this year of living virtually, but rest assured, it will be back again next year!
This year we will be very limited in the special requests we can take for products that aren't in stock. We will give you the best information we have about product availabiliy and restocks, but unfortunately the best information we have will sometimes be.... "we don't know." Inventory and shipping issues that have been difficult since the pandemic started have already started to get worse, so our words of wisdom are... IF YOU SEE SOMETHING YOU WANT, BUY IT NOW!