The Cat & Mouse Games Kids’ Pokemon League meets at our West Loop location every Saturday from 10:30am-12:00pm. The goal is to bring together kids (ages 6-12) who not only enjoy collecting the cards, but are serious about learning how to play the game. There's no cost to play, just bring your Pokemon deck, a positive attitude, and be ready to have fun!
What do kids need in order to participate?
- Participants need to understand the official rules and be able to play independently, ie. they are old enough to read the cards on their own. If your child doesn’t know the official rules and wants to learn, we offer a drop-in group instructional session every Saturday from 10:00-10:30am! If you're interested in one-on-one instruction, we also offer private lessons.
- Everyone needs to have their own deck of 60 cards with everything needed to play by the official rules. That means they have enough energy cards, basic pokemon, and damage counters and coins. No deck can have more than 4 of one type of card.
- All players should have a positive attitude and demonstrate good sportsmanship!
Once you have everything you need and are ready to start playing, we’ll give you your very own Pokemon League Punch Card! You get one punch for attending, one for every game you win that day, and one for being a good sport. Fill up your card with 12 punches and you can trade that in for a free booster pack!
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
- All children participating in Pokemon League must be supervised by an adult AT ALL TIMES.
- You can arrive and leave any time between 10am and Noon. Stop by for one game or stay for the whole 2 hours, whatever works for you.
- We do not sell food, but feel free to bring your own non-messy, non-stinky snacks.